1. Put the fillet in a baking tray with rack and leave it in the fridge uncovered for a day
2. The next day, season the outside of the fillet with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and fry the rib rye fillet on high heat on all sides until it turns golden
3. Remove from the pan and brush with the mustard, sprinkle with the herb mixture and place on a baking tray with baking paper
4. Preheat oven to 180°C and bake the fillet for about 1 hour (it is recommended to use a thermometer with a needle to check that the temperature reaches 55-60° inside the fillet). Remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. At the same time put all the ingredients for the potatoes in a baking tray and mix. Βake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour and 30 minutes
6. Add beef stock and cook 7-10 minutes
7. For the sauce, place a pot over high heat and add the olive oil, the butter and when the butter melts, add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes
8.Add the mushrooms and stir. Cook for 5 minutes and add the mustard. Stir well and deglaze with the brandy. When the alcohol has evaporated add the wine and continue cooking until it reduces and half the liquid is left in the pot
9. Then add the beef stock and season with salt and pepper carefully. Continue cooking until the sauce starts to thicken. Finally, add the fresh cream and cook for another 5 minutes, adjusting the flavor with salt if needed.
10.Add the frozen vegetables to boiling water and bring to a boil again. Drain and add the salt, pepper and olive oil and serve.
11. After leaving the rib eye fillet for 10 minutes, slice it and serve it with the sauce, potatoes and vegetables.
*This product is not available at Foodhaus