Poke bowls with teriyaki chicken and rice
|10 min||15 min|
- 600g foodhaus chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup Ardo edamame beans
- 1 Alion avocado
- 1 cup foodhaus basmati rice
- 135g Hungry Labels Teriyaki sauce marinade
- 2 carrots, cut into thin long slices
- 2 Alion cucumbers, cut into thin long slices
- 2 medium radishes, cut into slices
- ½ cup chopped purple cabbage
- ½ cup spring onions, cut into thin slices
- 5 tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 juice of 1 medium orange
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt
- 1 tsp Maldon pepper
- Alion fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp Olive oil or coconut oil for cooking
- After the chicken is thawed, cut it into cubes or strips and put it in a bowl with the ½ the bottle (135g) of teriyaki marinade and about 1/3 of the fresh orange juice (you can add 1/3 of the amount if you do not want the taste to be so intense of the marinade). Leave it for about 30 minutes - the longer we leave it the better.
- While waiting for the chicken, cook the basmati rice. In a medium saucepan add 1 cup of raw rice with 2 cups of water and allow it cook.
- Prepare all the vegetables and remove the edamame beans from the freezer and soak in some water.
- Cut the carrots and cucumber into long pieces like matchsticks. Cut the avocado, radish and spring onion into strips.
- Then cut the purple cabbage and coriander into small, thin pieces.
- Heat the olive oil or coconut oil in a medium saucepan and pour the marinated chicken inside. Cook the chicken for about 8-10 minutes until well cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce with 1/3 of the juice of one medium orange.
- What makes poke bowls beautiful to the eye but also delicious and fulfilling is the combination of colorful vegetables with chicken and rice.
- In a bowl, put the rice as a base first (foodhaus frozen quinoa can also be used), add the chicken and all the vegetables as you see in the photo and then add the soy sauce dressing.
- Mix everything together or as you wish to enjoy it and bon a petit!