Moroccan Octopus with Potatoes Perfumed with Sweet Paprika
|10 min||50 min|
- 1 foodhaus Moroccan octopus, 1.8-2.8kg
- ½ cup Chorio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves*
- 1 tbsp Maldon peppercorns
- 750g foodhaus Parisian potatoes
- ¼ cup Chorio extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp Maldon perfectly crushed pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
1. In a large pot with boiling water add olive oil, bay leaves and peppercorns.
2. Add the octopus and cook for about 40-50 minutes until tender.
3. The time will depend on the size and tenderness of the octopus.
4. To test its tenderness, insert a knife where the legs and head meet. If it goes in easily, it's ready to eat.
5. Drain and rinse under running cold water. Remove and discard any remaining dark skin and cut the octopus into small pieces.
6. Boil potatoes for 12-15 minutes.
7. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
8. Slice them in half so they are approximately 1.5cm thick.
9. Arrange the potato slices on a large serving platter.
10. Place the octopus on top.
11. Drizzle with olive oil.
12. Season with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop
SHOP THE RECIPE