Crispy Cod bites with black truffle mayo - England
|5 min||15 min|
- 4 Atlantic Cod fillets, cut into bite-size chunks
- vegetable oil for frying*
- For the batter
- 200g flour*
- ½ tsp baking powder*
- 300ml beer (any type)*
- 1 tbsp Ardo parsley
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- Maldon perfectly crushed pepper
- For serving
- 6 tbsp Mayonnaise with black truffle
- parsley leaves*
1. Defrost the fillets and pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, make the batter by mixing the flour, baking powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Gradually whisk in the beer until smooth.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fryer or heat about 5cm of oil in a wok until a drop of batter sizzles and crisps up quickly.
5. Add a few chunks of fish in the batter, then deep-fry for 3-4 mins until golden. Remove, using a slotted spoon, then drain on kitchen paper. Repeat until all the fish is cooked.
6. Garnish the fish bites with parsley and serve with the black truffle mayonnaise.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop
SHOP THE RECIPE