Vegan Shepherd's Pie
|10 min||2 hours|
- 500g Moving Mountains Mince
- 2 tbsp Chorio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup foodhaus onion cubes
- 2 tbsp Ardo garlic cubes
- 2 tsp Ardo parsley leaves
- 1 tsp Alion thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp Maldon ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Ciao tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock*
- 1 cup Ardo garden peas
- For the potato topping:
- 700g Parisian potatoes
- 1/2 cup Chorio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Thai coconut milk, warm
- 1 tbsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp Maldon ground black pepper
- 3 Vero Fytiko slices vegan cheese, cut into small pieces
1. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan and place it over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place the garlic and cook for 3 minutes more.
4. Add the vegan plant-based minced to the pan and break it apart with a wooden spoon.
5. Add the parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the vegan minced, is browned, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the tomato paste and stir.
7. Add the peas and the vegetable stock. Bring the liquid to a boil then reduce it to a simmer. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Set the vegan minced mixture aside.
9. Preheat the oven to 180C.
10. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are fork tender, 10-15 minutes.
11. Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
12. Add olive oil and mash until potatoes and olive oil are mixed together.
13. Add hot coconut milk, salt and pepper and mash and mix until well combined.
14. Add the vegan cheese to the potatoes and mix.
15. Pour the vegan minced mixture into a 9x9-inch baking dish. Spread it out into an even layer. Spoon the mashed potatoes on top of the minced ones. Carefully spread into an even layer and ruffle with a fork.
16. Bake for 30-40 mins or until the top is starting to colour and the minced is bubbling through at the edges.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop
SHOP THE RECIPE