Linguine with Cuttlefish in Tomato Sauce
|10 min||40 min|
- ½ kg foodhaus whole cuttlefish, defrost
- ¼ package Agnesi linguine
- 1 tbsp Chorio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp foodhaus onions, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp Ardo diced garlic
- 2 bay leaves*
- ⅓ cup Santa Margherita Ca D'Archi Red Wine 750ml red wine
- 1 cup Pelargos Passata
- ½ tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp Maldon perfectly crushed pepper
1. Wash the cuttlefish and drain. Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. In a large, deep saucepan over medium heat add olive oil.
3. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until transparent.
4. Add cuttlefish, bay leaves, stir and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
6. Add the passata, stir and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer uncovered, stirring, for 30-40 minutes until the cuttlefish is tender and the sauce has thickened.
8. In the meanwhile, boil the linguine in salted water for 6 minutes and drain.
9. Add the linguine to the cuttlefish sauce and mix well.
10. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop
SHOP THE RECIPE