Delicious Pulled Pork rolls - Carolina, USA
|20 min||4 hours|
- 1 foodhaus pork shoulder boneless skinless 1.2kg
- 3 tbsp brown sugar*
- 1 tbsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Epic Spice Mediterranean Roasting rub
- 1 tsp Epic Spice Chipotle Honey rub
- Maldon perfectly crushed pepper
- 2 tbsp Chorio extra virgin olive oil
- 350ml beer
- For the barbecue sauce
- 1 ½ cup Develey ketchup
- ⅓ cup TOP apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup brown sugar*
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce*
- Mini Kaiser rolls
- Alion fresh greens, for serving
1. Take the pork shoulder out of the fridge and allow the meat to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven at 300°.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, Mediterranean Roasting rub, and Chipotle Honey rub, then season with black pepper. Rub it all over pork.
4. Heat oil in a large oven casserole over medium-high heat.
5. Add pork and sear on all sides.
6. Pour beer around pork and cover with a lid. Transfer to the oven and cook until pork is starting to turn tender for about 3 hours. Remove the lid and cook until pork is very tender and pulls apart easily with a fork, additional 1 to 2 hours.
7. Remove pork from the casserole and let it rest while you prepare the barbecue sauce.
8. Make barbecue sauce: In the same casserole, whisk in ketchup, apple cider vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
9. Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until thickened slightly for about 5 minutes.
10. Shred pork using two forks. Toss shredded meat with about half the barbecue sauce.
11. Warm the mini rolls and fill them with shredded meat and fresh greens.
12. Serve the pulled pork sandwiches with extra barbecue sauce.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop
SHOP THE RECIPE