Squids with Romesco sauce
|5 min||5 min|
- 1 can (350g) Ktima Barba red roasted peppers
- 1 cup Ciao chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup Ardo parsley
- 1/2 cup Chorio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Ardo garlic diced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- For the Squid:
- 1 kg foodhaus squid rings
- 1 cup village flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp Maldon salt
- Oil for frying
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until they are well mixed. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the two flours and the salt, add the squid and bread.
- In a large deep-frying pan placed over high heat, heat enough oil to cover a layer of squid rings.
- Place the squid rings in a colander, shake them to remove the excess flour and separate them from each other.
- Add a few rings to the hot oil, taking care not to let them stick with each other. Put in a few pieces at a time, so as to keep the oil temperature from dropping. Fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on absorbent paper.
- Serve the squid rings with the Romesco sauce.
SHOP THE RECIPE