Chicken katsu, served with cabbage salad & sweet chili sauce
|10 min||40 min|
- 2 foodhaus chicken breasts, defrosted
- 400m Thai coconut milk
- 100g plain flour*
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman less salt soya
- 1 package Kikkoman panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1 cup vegetable oil*
- To serve:
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded*
- ½ tsp black sesame seeds*
- Alion Fresh salad greens
1. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthways, creating four fillets. Put each fillet between two sheets of baking parchment and press with a rolling pin to even out the thickness.
2. Pour the coconut milk into a bowl and season with the salt, then add the chicken fillets. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
4. Stir the soy sauce into the eggs and mix well.
5. Scoop one chicken fillet out of the coconut milk and coat in the flour, then dip into the egg mix and coat well in the panko.
6. Set on a plate and repeat with the rest of the chicken fillets.
7. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Oil should be very hot. Then add slowly, one by one, as many of the chicken fillets as you can fit and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until deep golden and crisp. Transfer to a tray and keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining fillets.
8. Serve katsu chicken fillets with the sweet chili sauce, shredded cabbage and fresh salad greens.
9. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop
SHOP THE RECIPE