Risotto with calamari, perfumed with curcuma
|10 min||20 min|
- ½ kg foodhaus calamari, defrost and sliced into rings
- ⅓ cup Chorio extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ cup foodhaus chopped onions
- 1½ cups Agnesi Flora Riso Arborio
- ½ tbsp curcuma powder *
- ½ cup white wine
- 6-7 cups vegetable stock (hot)*
- 2 tsp Lurpak unsalted butter
- ½ tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp Maldon perfectly crushed pepper
- 2 tsp chili flakes (optional)*
- 2 tbsp Ardo parsley
- fresh green leaves, to serve*
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat.
2. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the calamari and fry for 4 minutes.
4. Stir in the rice, making sure each grain is coated in oil.
5. Fry the rice in the oil for 30 seconds and add wine. Cook until the alcohol evaporates and the rice has absorbed all the wine. Reduce the heat to medium and add a couple of ladles of hot stock, stirring with a wooden spoon until the rice has absorbed it all. Add a couple more ladles of stock and continue to cook in this way, stirring and adding more stock, for about 15 minutes.
6. Add curcuma, stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes more or until the rice is al dente.
7. Remove from heat, add butter and parsley and mix very well until the risotto becomes creamy.
8. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
9. Divide risotto between four plates, top with chili flakes add a drizzle of olive oil, fresh green leaves and serve.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop
SHOP THE RECIPE