- For the Bao Buns dough, place all the solid ingredients into the mixer bowl and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Then, add the oil and continue mixing for another minute. Add the milk and water and mix on low speed for 2 minutes and then on medium speed for 4-5 minutes until you have a smooth and soft dough.
- Take the dough out of the mixer bowl and make a big ball. Put it back in the mixer bowl and cover with a towel for about 1-1.5 hours until it doubles in size.
- Cut the dough into small balls, about 40g each, and let them rest for 10 minutes. With a rolling pin, roll them into an oval shape and about 3-4 cm thick.
- With a brush, gently brush the surface of each bao with a little oil bun and carefully fold the oval pie in half.
- Cut non-stick paper into small pieces to put the bao buns one by one and put them in a deep pan, cover the pan well and leave for about 1 hour until they rise. Then steam them for 8-10 minutes.
- After defrosting the chicken, season it with salt and pepper and put aside. In a bowl put the eggs and mix them, while in another bowl put the flour and in another one put the Panko breadcrumbs. Start the breading process by placing the chicken first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- At the same time, put sunflower oil in a pan to heat up and fry the breaded chicken pieces until they get a golden color and they are cooked. The temperature of the oil must be at 170° C to be able to have a crispy and tasty chicken.
- Once the Bao Buns and the chicken pieces are cooked, fill the bao buns first with the sauce, then the vegetables and finally add the chicken.
*This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop