Roasted turkey with ‘forest fruit sauce’
|30 min||3 hours|
- 1 foodhaus whole turkey, about 4kg
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup Blossom honey
- 1 tbsp Epic Spice Maple Apple rub
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp Maldon perfectly crushed pepper
- For the red fruit sauce:
- 1½ cup Ardo fruit berry mix
- 4 tbsp Blossom honey
- ½ tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
1. Defrost the turkey overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Place the bay leaves, rosemary, mustard, wine, honey, epic spice, stock, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, whisking until the mixture is combined.
4. Tie the legs of the turkey with kitchen string and tuck the wings underneath.
5. Place the turkey, breast-side down, in a large deep-sided roasting pan and pour over the glaze.
6. Cover with aluminium foil and roast for 1 hour. Remove the foil and roast, brushing every 15 minutes with the pan juices.
7. Uncover and roast for a further 1 hour 30 minutes or until the skin is golden and the juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
8. Remove the turkey from the pan, reserving the glaze. Cover the turkey with aluminium foil and set it aside to rest for 20 minutes.
9. Strain the pan juices into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
10. Add fruit berry mix, honey and salt.
11. Stir for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
12. Slice the turkey and serve with the red fruit sauce.
SHOP THE RECIPE