Lamb with parisian potatoes in the oven
|15 min||3 hours|
- 1 Bone in lamb leg 2700g
- 3-4 tbsp Chorio Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Epic Spice lamb rub
- beef stock dissolved in 350ml hot water*
- 150ml Kyperounta Petritis White wine
- 1 tbsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp Maldon crashed pepper
- 1 whole garlic*
- 1 tsp corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp of water*
- 2 springs Alion rosemary
- For the potatoes:
- 1 package foodhaus parisian potatoes
- 80 ml Chorio Extra virgin olive oil
- 80g Lurpak unsalted butter
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- Maldon crushed pepper
- ¾ tsp Epic Spice lamb rub
- 3-4 cloves garlic*
- lemon for serving*
Preheat oven to 200°C in the air. Brush the lamb with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and put the spice mixture all over it. Place the lamb in a pan along with 2-3 sprigs of rosemary and the whole garlic. Add stock and wine.Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook for half an hour. Then cook at 160°C for 3 hours.
Half an hour before the end of cooking time, place the potatoes plain in a pan and add olive oil and pieces of butter. Add salt, pepper, the Epic Spice mix and 3-4 crushed garlic cloves. Place them in the oven and continue cooking.
Once the time is up, uncover the lamb and cook at 200°C for another half hour. Take a tablespoon of juice from the lamb and pour it on the potatoes, turning them in between.
Finally, take the remaining juice from the lamb and pass it through a strainer. Heat it in a saucepan and after dissolving a spoonful of corn flour with 2 spoons of water, add them too and mix until it thickens a bit.
**This recipe item is not found in foodhaus shop